Lee Street theatre is always looking to fill technical positions such as stage managers, assistant stage managers, running crew, designers, directors, carpenters, etc. If you are interested in being a part of a Lee Street theatre production in any technical capacity please email your resume to Artistic Director Craig Kolkebeck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development & Marketing Manager
Lee Street theatre (LST), a company committed to the development and
presentation of original, challenging and entertaining performance art in Salisbury,
North Carolina, seeks an experienced Business Development Manager to grow our
theatre through Marketing, Public Relations and Development.
Business Development and Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with the
Managing Artistic Director, Board of Directors and Committee members while
adhering to our operating principles in support of our mission.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Develop, implement and manage all fundraising event, show and concert
related marketing strategies for each season and individual productions to
include press releases, social media, company website, radio, lobby television
displays, paid advertising, etc.
- Update and work with Vendini ticketing software for all events.
- Secure season artwork and create all related typeset information for each
production to be used in posters, season brochures, newspaper advertising
- Sell advertising for season playbills.
- Manage activities that build our business and extend the visibility of LST.
- Manage and develop growth opportunities that fulfill the company’s vision
and business goals.
- Assist the Board of Directors with fundraising events and cultivate
individual, government, and corporate donors.
- Oversee the preparation of high-quality donor correspondence, reports,
mailing and acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising
- Write grant applications and grant reports, maintaining strong relationships
- Cultivate group and single ticket sales, and strategic partnerships.
- Act as a spokesperson in conjunction with the Managing Artistic Director for
the organization’s purpose via speaking engagements, public and social
appearances, and as requested at fundraising events and solicitations.
- Assist the Board of Directors toward the mastery of goals listed on the Lee
Street theatre’s Ten-Year Vision plan.
- Work with seasons sponsors on Sponsor night events ensuring needs are
- Manage college marketing interns
- Assist with office duties, as needed.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Non-profit industry
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with experience in marketing, advertising,
public relations, and fundraising activities.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, leadership, organization, and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, meet deadlines. Must excel at multi-
- Demonstrated ability to network, lobby and be an advocate for the arts.
- Fundraising and grant writing experience
- Proactive, able to move forward even when obstacles are encountered.
- Professional style, image and demeanor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer skills,
knowledge of word processing, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop ,
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- 5+ years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business-related field. Master’s preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please prepare the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume with salary history
Send the completed application to: James Faust
PO Box 265
Salisbury, NC 28145
2019 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
Production Interns at Lee Street theatre will work in all aspects of production – from load-in, to running crew for shows, and load-out. Interns will work directly with the production staff, assisting in the technical needs of nightly performances. Hours vary from week to week, but are generally during the day and during performance week evenings, totaling approximately 40 hours a week. Responsibilities include working directly with the Technical Director, communicating with artists to understand their technical needs, and running lighting, sound and video for performances. Experience is suggested, but not required.
The ideal candidates are energetic and in the early to intermediate stages of their careers and display a strong interest in furthering their professional development and a commitment to working as part of a team within a tight schedule. The candidates will also need to be capable of working on tall ladders, capable of lifting at least 50 lbs, and working long hard hours.
TO APPLY: Include a cover letter clearly indicating position desired, your primary focus area, skill sets, tools and proficiency level, and a resume with contact information for three current references. Please submit at least five photo samples of your work (emphasizing process in addition to product) in your area of specialty through an online portfolio link or file attachment. Send to Technical Director Rod Oden at email@example.com
10 weeks - May to August - Weekly Stipend - Plus Housing
Marketing Interns are to work in the business office of Lee Street theatre under the supervision of Marketing Director Caitlin Billings. Intern will be assigned a production during the remainder of the 2018-2019 season.
The intern will become responsible for all marketing and publicity materials associated with the production. This includes the initial press release, designing graphics, hanging posters, Facebook posts, email blasts, designing the program, posting to online events and calendars, and catering to any other publicity needs. The intern will also act as Assistant Front of House during performances.
The ideal Marketing Intern is responsible, self-motivated, tech-savvy, personable, and above all, willing to learn. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a professional office environment and gain skills in areas such as constructing E-Blasts via Vendini, graphic design through Adobe Creative Suite, and community engagement by interacting with local businesses. The Lee Street theatre Marketing Internship provides learning experiences through real-life marketing and business training.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, 3 writing samples (press releases, grants, essay excerpts, etc), any graphic designs you are particularly proud of, and list any other theatre experience you may have to Marketing Director Caitlin Billings at firstname.lastname@example.org
10 weeks - May to August - Weekly Stipend - Plus Housing