September 25th and October 2nd from 12:00pm – 5:00pm at Lee Street theatre, 329 N. Lee St. Salisbury NC, 28144.
Don’t miss your opportunity to perform in Central North Carolina’s THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride! And for those Wanna-Be Santa Clauses, this is your chance to dawn the Red & White and let out your inner “Ho, Ho, Hos!”
This is Environmental Theater at its very core. With the North Carolina Transportation Museum as our backdrop and the museum’s vintage diesel engines pulling THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride to our destination…the North Pole. You and your family will make lifelong memories as you become part of this magical event that brings to life the beloved book and the holiday favorite Warner Brothers movie starring Tom Hanks. This holiday, you can help create the magic at the North Carolina Transportation Museum. Over 16, 000 visitors are expected to experience this fantastic production.
PERFORMANCES: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and some weeknights, beginning November 19th and closing December 22, 2016. Shifts begin at 3:00pm and conclude at 9:30pm. Each participant will be given two invitations to our Preview/Media Night on Nov. 22. Those participants are welcome to invite two guests to share in THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride (a $60 value).
We will be casting 50-65 roles for Chris Van Allsburg’s classic tale “The Polar Express.” This is an ensemble cast and all performers will receive a stipend based upon the role. The rehearsal commitment is minimal, the performance commitment is significant. There will be a schedule established so actors will not be required to work every night. However, missing a scheduled show without prior approval is grounds for immediate dismissal.
Auditions will be held on September 25th and October 2nd from 12:00pm – 5:00pm at Lee Street theatre, 329 N. Lee St. Salisbury NC, 28144. If you are interested but can not attend auditions, please send your electronic head shot and resume to the producing company, Lee Street theatre. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Characters we are looking for are as follows:
– Santa (6 Santa performers per night) Santa performers are welcome to suggest their children perform as an elf on their designated nights.
– Elves (9 performers per night, teenager/college age to adult – will need to be able to handle crowd control).
– Conductor (6 performers per night. Late 20’s to early 50’s). Leads the show. Has a few small scenes.
– Hero Boy (2 per night) – Hero boy is the main character of the show. Young boy – age 8-11.
– Know-it-all Boy (2 per night) – Know-it-all Boy is a principle character of the show.
Young boy – age 8-11.
– Hero Girl (2 per night) – Hero girl is a principle character of the show. No Lines.
Young girl – age 8-11.
– Hobo (2 per night. Age 30’s or up) – Hobo is a principle character of the show. No Lines.
– Chefs (33 per night – high school age and up) These positions require a performer with good range. These performers will also have Christmas carol singing responsibilities. Good movement and dance skills preferred.